Treatment of Plantar Warts
- Soak the foot for a few minutes in warm water.
- Apply a patch of 40% salicylic acid plaster (like 'Mediplast') to the area of the wart. Try to make the patch only about the size of the wart area.
- If the patch doesn't stay on by itself, you can put a piece of tape or Bandaid over the area to hold it in place.
- Leave the patch in place for about 24 hours.
- The next night, soak the foot again for a few minutes in warm water after removing the patch of salicylic acid.
- Shave/scrape away any dead skin with an emery board or a pumice stone.
- Dry the area completely, and reapply a piece of 40% salicylic acid plaster
- Repeat this cycle until the wart is gone (this may take weeks or even months).
- If the area become raw and painful, stop using the patches for a few days until the skin heals.