What Kney Eat Program
The "program" for "What Kney Eat" is in flux - this is a work in progress - so please be forgiving if the details are a bit muddled.
The basic features are quite simple:
- Participants and Sponsors keep a food diary, and share ideas and frustrations.
- Participants and Sponsors use the LoseIt app on a smart phone to keep track of their diet (and exercise as well).
- Participants use their Sponsors as a knowledge resource as well as personal coach when things get a bit difficult - much like in AA.
- Participants take their Sponsor food shopping with them via their smart phone.
- Participants can transmit photos of their meals to their Sponsors for advice.
- The Sponsor is available for education, advice, encouragement - at set times.
- The "What Kney Eat" website contains a database of recipes - not only a simple recipe, but what to buy (with photos), how to prepare the food (with step by step instructions and photos), and basic nutrition
information about the meal - calories, fat, sodium.
- The goal is to prepare food that looks appealing, tastes GOOD, and is INEXPENSIVE. How many times have I heard, "I want to eat healthy, but it is too expensive." NOT TRUE - healthy food is what the peasants
used to eat. Avoiding expensive meat in favor of legumes, fruits, and vegetables is thrifty!